Monday, July 19, 2010

Over Thinking, Over Reacting...is Over Whelming....

Ok, so I admit, I have an issue with over thinking things. I can't help it and I absolutely dislike it.
I envy those that can be carefree and let things go easily and to be able to think so positively that nothing in the world would really bother them.Of course, when something does bother them, that means its super serious.

Sometimes, I can be over dramatic, and in retro-spec, I kick myself for overreacting or over thinking about things.But how do you change this? How do I calm my mind and realize that things will either work out one way or the other, or that worrying doesn't help the situation? Is this embedded in my genes? Is it from all the years of growing up and developing the personality that we all possess differently?

I mean, who doesn't like a smooth sailing life? Ok, maybe not a lot of people that are attracted to adventure and the excitment of a rollercoaster life. I wouldn't mind that once in a while, but I want to be able to deal with it calmly and with grace. I definitely have not reached that level yet.

A friend recommended that I read this book, Transform your Life: A Blissful Journey. I have it now on my bookself, waiting to be read. I do want to change the way I think, but would a book do it? Or a soul searching journey and vacation like "Eat Love Pray" style? Or years of practice and practice? What about embracing the religious beliefs?

Do you think you overreact or over think? How do you remain calm and embrace life's challenges with your head firmly on your shoulders?

No comments:

Post a Comment