Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Munching on Toronto - Bier Markt | Free Times Cafe | Fynn's of Temple Bar

I heard a lot about the Bier Markt before and in my mind, I pictured an actual market with a lot of beer. I managed to get part of that imagination right. They had a whole binder of beer for you to choose from, and each item on the menu provided you with suggestions on which beer(s) would go best with the meal.
I ended up going on two separate occasions, once sitting on the patio and once sitting inside (it was pouring buckets outside and unless I wanted a free shower, I wasn't feeling the outside vibe).
During my first visit, we ordered a salad, the fish and chips and two Leffe's.
Belgian Cobb Salad with Flat Iron Steak
Bier Markt Fish & Frites
I think this is one of my fav beers now :)
I really enjoyed the fish and frites but I found the cobb salad to be a little too bitter for my liking. All in all, I was satisfied. On my second occasion to there, we kind of over ordered (I tend to do that when I'm super duper hungry - and end up having to doggy bag half of it).
Wurst Sampler for 1
Schnitzel Sliders
Mediterranean salad with Flat Iron Steak
Yes we got the Flat Iron steak for both salads because the steak was just...very very delicious.

Free Times Cafe. Nothing too special about it, it was a place my friends and I decided to just eat at because it was close to their home and we were just absolutely pooped from all the walking we did earlier and well of course hungry.

Combo Plate 3 Plus 3 Falafel

The food was mediocre, nothing out of the ordinary. My friends each got a burger, and they were pretty big in size.

I've already talked about Fynn's of Temple Bar in my Hunt for my favourite French Onion Soup but I wanted to make a comment on the Warm Goat Cheese Salad and their, what I believe is called, the 'Baconator'.

Warm Goat Cheese Salad
Smokehouse Caesar (aka Baconator?)
The salad was actually really good. The goat cheese was simply delicious and the salad was nice and light and complimented the cheese very well. I would definitely go back to have it again. I didn't have this Caesar but my friend did and a few other ordered it as well because its 1. huge and 2. it comes with a pepperette stick.
Let me know if you have been to any of these places before and if you have a favourite item that you absolutely love or hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment