Sunday, July 18, 2010

Downtown Fun with the Parents

My parents came to visit me a couple of weeks ago and I decided to plan a one day trip to downtown.

Serious Golfer :)
My dad is an avid golfer and since I'm not, it would be no fun to 1. book a onesome tee time for him, or 2. go with him and fail miserably on the green. So, the golfing range was the compromise. I heard from a few friends of mine that they enjoyed going to the driving range at Polsen Pier and since my dad hadn't played there before, I thought it would be a great opportunity to bring him there.
It was fun I must say. I'm sure my dad had a great time. As we left, we enjoyed the view of downtown Toronto.
Golf balls that look like little tangerines

Polsen Pier is a place with lots of fun outdoor activities like beach volleyball, rock climbing, inflated obstacle courses, pool, go-carting, driving range, etc. The last time I was there, it was for a company event and it was a lot of fun.
Cloudy and windy that day but still a nice view of the city.
Our next stop was the Distillery District. The many years my parents lived in Toronto, they never ventured down to the Distillery and this was their first time.We enjoyed a light meal at the Mill Street Brewery and took a stroll around the Distillery after eating.
Sliders were yummy.
Really good sweet potato fries



Some barrels in the area.
My parents walking.
Our last stop of the day was the Windsor Arms Hotel (just off of Bloor Street) to have Hi-Tea. I must say, the presentation of the pastries and finger sandwiches was great and the tea we each ordered were spectacular. The only thing I have to say is that the service and attitude of our server was not the best. At some levels, I expect the service to be somewhat better and above average for the price I'm paying.




Tea pots each person gets.
Pretty tasty finger sandwiches
Pastries were good.
Nice decor.
Overall the day went well and my parents and I got to spend some quality time with each other. There are a lot of things to discover in downtown Toronto, more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment