Monday, April 12, 2010

Handcrafted Brooches by LBT

Today's blog is about handcrafted brooches. I'm very excited to be blogging about this topic because of a few reasons.
One, I've discovered a new found love for these precious pieces of accesories. I cannot recall the last time I owned a brooch but now I own 3 1/2 and hope to expand that collection.
Two, they go very well with almost everything I wear. Delicate and classy with a hint of style that goes with today's fashion trends.
And three, they are handmade locally by my close friend.
This first brooch was a part of her first collection and as soon as I saw it, I fell in love with it. Being the artisan and designer, she did not see it the way I did, sort of like the ugly duckling of the bunch. I told her otherwise, and she gave it to me as a gift. I think it dresses up any black or dark solid colour blazer or cardigan.
The second brooch was another one of my favourites. I adore the design as it reminds me of the "Marie Antoinette" times.
The next pair of brooches were custom made for the black dress I wore to our friend's wedding. I requested the brooch to be the attention of the dress as the dress, the shoes and the clutch were black. It turned out amazing and just how I invisioned it to be. The colours were soft but bold enough to stand out.
I can't wait to see what new creations she has coming our way!

4 comments:

  1. I love how they can make a simple top look so classy and fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so honoured to see the brooches on your "~Peanut Butter Jelly Times~" (in Brian's voice)! Thanks for supporting and loving the ugly ducklings!!!

    ReplyDelete