Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cooking from my Makeshift Recipe Binder I - Lamb & Mash Potatos

Last week I decided that I would begin to try out recipes from my makeshift receipe binder. I had ripped out and stored in a folder many many recipes from different magazines and calendars and I would tell myself, 'I will make this tomorrow' or 'I'd definitely try to make that someday'. Well, that someday is now. I decided to make rack of lamb and homemade mash potatoes. Yes I know, what's the big deal about making homemade mash potatoes right? Well for me, it's a big deal because I failed to make mash potatoes that had just the right texture and softness. This time, I can say with confidence, I finally succeeded. Originally, I was going to make lamb rib chops but No Frills was almost out of meat (not quite sure why, guess everyone needed meat in their meals that night). So I bought a rack of lamb instead.

To the Food Junkie, you inspire me to try new receipes and to cook more :) We should have a cook-out one day!!!

7 comments:

  1. Ohh, Im so proud of you!!! We should definitely have a cooking/baking night one day...!! By the way, I like your lamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW did you take this picture, AC?! It looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that is such nice presentation! =) Can' wait to try the lamb one day haha..and also the bacon wrapped chicken...and also your soup ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've seen that plate somewhere before !!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha yes Johnnie. its from Kristy and Chai's wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks fucking good

    ReplyDelete